Monday, June 1, 2015

The Jackdaw at Level 5

When the Jackdaw first hit the test server my testing was done at level 3 and 4. Tomorrow it hits TQ for probably a ridiculous price. Now I have Caldari Tactical Destroyer at level V whether my opinion has changed from "meh".


First off a standard rocket fit. One of the changes made since I tested is that it now has a 15% reload time per level bonus. This means my rockets can reload in 2.5 seconds.

I tried a scram/kiter.

5 T2 Rocket Launchers

1mn T2 AB
T2 Scram
Two T2 Webs
Two Medium ASB's

2 T2 BCU's

2 Extender Rigs
1 EM Rig

Defence mode gave me 4,771 HP, 146 HP repped every 3 seconds for 18 cycles. Cap stable and 327 DPS out to 8.5km with Rage. So sit at 8km, AB on and fire.

Sharpshooter goes up to 14km on the Rage rockets and 25km with Javelin. HP drops to 3.7k

Propulsion mode tops out at 760m/s.


I found a rat Raven at the top belt with two frigates. Killed all three and hardly registered any red on my shield bar. If nothing else its a good ratting ship!

With a kitey light missile fit...

5 T2 LML

5mn T2 MWD
T2 Disruptor
T2 EM Hardener
Medium ASB
Two meta Target Painters

T2 BCU
T2 Overdrive

2 Extender Rigs
1 EM Rig


Defence mode gave me 6k HP, 146 HP repped every 3 seconds for 9 cycles. Cap stable and 182 DPS out to 31km with Rage. So sit at 20km, MWD  on and fire.

Sharpshooter goes up to 52km on the Rage rockets and 70km with Faction. HP drops to 4.5k

Propulsion mode tops out at 2350m/s.

Obviously the 66.6% bonus to inertia balances out some of the overdrive/MWD problems with maneuverability. In propulsion mode I could easily maintain a 20km orbit at 2300m/sec. This might make it a good kiter by making it difficult to sling-shot and escape.

The volley was hitting a rat cruiser for 1090 and should be around 1300 alpha without resists.


Given the three so far, the Svipul is still my favorite of the tactical destroyers. Will just have to wait for the Hecate, which looks awesome, to come out and then test all four!

No comments:

Post a Comment