Wednesday, February 20, 2013

BB45 - My "Art" With a Silent "F"


Blog Banter 45: Propaganda

This edition of the Blog Banter is forged from suggestions from #tweetfleet members @KaedaMaxwell, @RocWieler and @TigerlilyFenix.

In a socially-driven game environment such as EVE Online's, everyone has an agenda. CCP promotes its products and has an army of volunteers to do the same; corporations and alliances deliver entertaining recruitment drives, CSM election candidates solicit for voter favour, bloggers and podcasters opine to their audiences. 

In this intricate web of communication, influence and control; what part does propaganda play in your game?

Banter on.

Well not sure we use a lot of propaganda in militia. Pretty sure it doesn't really play a part in my game at all.

prop·a·gan·da [prop-uh-gan-duh]
noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement,institution, nation, etc..


Hang on. OK, it may be it plays a little part. I had a look through my Eve "art" directory and realised may be it does....

Ze Enemy

Quam was roaming around Black Rise with a faction BS gang with minimal logistics. Now why would the best known local super-capital-hot-droppers do that? Oh..... wait...... Get me the batphone.


Of course there are the squids (Caldari militia) who are an easy target.





And who could forget the PL Titan gank in Amamake?



At CCP

The there was the CCP launcher which I was one of the 6-7000 who couldn't get it to work. Yes bro, I was mad.



The there was the disappointment over the modular POS'.


CSM7

I supported Hans Jagerblitzen for CSM7, did I really do all these???

 






 



So whilst I thought originally propaganda played no part in my Eve Online life I was wrong. Whilst it may not be a major part, I do use this blog from time to time as a propaganda tool, usually to give the Caldari Militia a bit of a shoeing!

2 comments:

  1. Looking at all those awseome Hans posters, will your promote any CSM candidates this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but not sure about the same level of posters ;) - http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/for-csm-8-this-blog-will-be-mostly.html

      Delete